Winter is the Best Time to Insulate
Why Winter is the Best Time to Insulate Your Home
Most homeowners are under the impression that the best time for home improvement activities is in the warmer months when they don‘t have to deal with the cold and snow. When it comes to insulation, however, nothing could be further from the truth. Winter may be the best time to insulate your home with USA Premium Foam Insulation—for several reasons.
Let‘s start with the Free Energy Consultation. Whether performed with an Infrared gun or a simple hand test, winter reveals the areas of your walls where heat is escaping and cold air is getting in. You can feel the cold areas yourself, but an energy expert is best qualified to do it. The right insulation will keep the expensive conditioned air in your home and the cold out, so the cold spots go away immediately upon installation.
THE USA PREMIUM FOAM INSULATION PROCESS
The installation of Premium Foam itself is done from outside the home, without the need to prop open doors, windows, or create opening in your walls that allow cold air to get into your home. Here‘s how insulation is installed in homes with vinyl siding for instance (This process is similar in homes with brick, block, wood, stucco, and aluminum siding):
- The Premium Foam is mixed outdoors and is unaffected by the cold or snow.
- A strip of siding is removed from each section of your home—from the outside of course.
- Smalls holes are drilled in the side of your home, one hole per wall cavity, which typically does not result in too many holes. These hole are made to access the enclosed wall cavities and have no effect on the inside walls such as drywall.
- Premium Foam is injected through the holes and into your wall cavities until they are completely filled—a matter of seconds. The Foam goes in as a liquid (the consistency of shaving cream) and hardens within minutes to form a solid barrier that keeps the cold out and the heat in.
- The holes are immediately plugged and the walls returned to their original structural and aesthetic integrity.
- The siding is replaced and the installation is completed, without disrupting the inside of your home and with no visible change to the outside.
- The site is cleared of all equipment and any debris.
The whole process is quick and clean. A typical home takes less than a day to complete wIth Premium Foam Insulation.
THE RESULTS ARE IN--IMMEDIATELY
In winter, the results are more dramatic than at other times of year. The problems you were having before--cold rooms, uneven temperatures throughout the home, high utility bills, expensive heated air lost through the walls-- disappear immediately, making your home warmer with less effort from the furnace, and with lower consumption of energy which is reflected in your next utility bill. The cold spots in your walls disappear and finally you can be comfortable in your home.
January and February are the coldest months of the year. Don‘t sit around being uncomfortable, wearing that heavy sweater and sitting on the couch wrapped in a blanket while watching the Superbowl or the Olympics--and watching your heating bills go up and up.
Call for an energy consultation while winter conditions make insulating your home ideal, and take the steps necessary to resolve your home winter woes today!