February Temperatures Were the Lowest in History
Here are some February temperature facts for selected cities where we have USA Insulation locations.
- Chicago‘s average of 14.6 degrees was tied for the coldest February on record.
- Cleveland had its coldest February ever with a 14.3 degrees average and an average daily low of 5.2 degrees. Its coldest day measured a bone-chilling 17 below!
- Detroit had its 2nd Coldest February on Record at 14.1 degrees.
WE INTERRUPT THIS BLOG TO BRING YOU MORE RECORD-BREAKING NEWS!
It is Friday March 6th and everyone has anticipated a spring weather "break" after suffering through the coldest February in history for many cities. Well hold onto your hats, (preferably snow caps) because we are celebrating even more record lows today! This just in from the Weather Channel referring to today‘s temperatures:
All-Time March Record Low:
Pittsburgh set its all-time March record low with 4 below zero (previous record was 1 below zero last set March 2, 1980)
Coldest So Late in the Season:
Pittsburgh also set its coldest temperature there this late in the winter season with its low of 4 below zero
Daily Record Lows (new record is in parentheses): Chicago (0 degrees), Cincinnati, Ohio (0 degrees), Detroit (0 degrees), Washington, D.C. - Dulles International Airport (9 degrees),
…AND NOW, BACK TO OUR BLOG IN PROGRESS
- Pittsburgh averaged 18.3 degrees for its 2nd coldest February on record.
- New York City experienced its 3rd coldest February on record at 23.9 degrees.
- Cincinnati had its 4th coldest February on record - 24 degrees.