Home Insulation: Make Sure It's Part of Your Spring To-Do List
Are you already breathing a sigh of relief that winter's behind us and spring is ahead? If you're glad cold weather is a thing of the past because your home didn't provide the heat necessary to stay comfortable, don't exhale just yet. You see, if poor home insulation is at the root of the problem, you're likely facing an uncomfortable summer, too.Posted By USA Insulation Categories:
How it worksHere's how insulation functions to trap heat — whether it's heat outside the home or inside the home:
- Home insulation creates a solid barrier so that heat can't move through the structure.
- Without insulation, heat would simply move through the home's building materials (its shell and walls) freely.
- For many homes constructed prior to 1980, when insulation wasn't required, heat is given free rein to move where it wants to.
- With the right insulation in place, heat stays trapped in the home during winter.
- In the summer, heat is prevented from moving into the home, so you stay cooler.