Spray Foam Insulation:
Clean, Safe & Effective
What exactly is spray foam insulation? Spray polyurethane foam (SPF) is an innovative foam plastic substance that is sprayed onto an open surface in paint-like form and then expands to create an insulating barrier against wind and outside temperatures.
What Does Spray Foam Insulation Do?
It helps ensure that the conditioned air created by your heating, ventilation, and air conditioning system (HVAC) stays inside. In this way, it helps you save thousands of energy dollars while also protecting the environment. It also protects your home from condensation and water. It keeps cold air out in winter and hot air out in summer. In addition to providing excellent insulation, spray polyurethane foam acts as several products including:
- Air barrier
- Vapor retardant
- Weather barrier
Where is spray foam insulation used?
It has a wide range of uses, such as:
- Insulation in walls, attic spaces, ceilings, and basements
- Industrial insulation for cold storage spaces, walk-in refrigerators / freezers, produce storage rooms, pipes, tanks, and more
Benefits of Spray Foam Insulation
- Versatility – Spray foam insulation works for all exposed surfaces including walls, ceilings, basements, crawl spaces, and attics.
- Structural value – Spray foam insulation adds to the structural integrity of your home.
- High R-value – The higher the R-value, the more resistant a material is thermal exchange. Spray polyurethane foam insulation has a very high R-value.
- Multi-level barrier – Spray foam insulation serves as an air barrier as well as a sound barrier.
- Moisture reduction – Condensation and moisture can cause mold growth and water damage, which spray foam insulation protects against.