Energy Efficiency Tax Credits Include Home Insulation Projects
Late last year, Congress passed and President Obama signed into law The Tax Extenders Bill which included an extension of The Energy Efficiency Improvement Tax Credit. The tax credit extension applies retroactively to our customers who had their insulation or air sealing placed into service last year (2015). It also applies to customers who will have these energy efficient home improvements performed through December 31, 2016. The tax credit equals 10% of the cost for qualified improvements (labor not included) up to $500.
Consumers will need to have any USA Insulation Contracts, applicable Manufacturer's Certification Statements and complete (IRS Form 5695) for tax purposes. Remember, the insulation or air sealing must be "placed into service" during the taxable year of 2016 to qualify as a Tax Credit for 2016. Schedule your installation with USA Insulation for this year and you will qualify for a tax credit up to $500 on your 2016 taxes return.
The following documents will be needed to redeem the 2016 Federal Tax Credit:
- Manufacturer's Certification Statement - USA Premium Foam®
- Manufacturer's Certification Statement - Johns Manville Insulation
- Complete IRS Form 5695
- A Copy of your Contract with USA Insulation
For additional tax credit information:
USA Insulation can help you procure the tax credit:
- We will provide the steps to obtain documentation from our site to accompany your Tax Credit.
- We can provide you with our USA Qualified documents.
- We cannot however provide Tax advice or guidance.